Thousands of refugees in Australia who have been “in limbo” for years may now be entitled to permanent residency!
The Subclass 851 Resolution of Status (RoS) visa was introduced for the purposes of enabling people the same benefits and entitlements as a subclass 866 Protection visa which include:
- A permanent right to live, work, and study in Australia;
- Protection from harm in your home country;
- Access to government services like Medicare and Centrelink;
- Australian citizenship if eligible.
You can apply for the RoS visa if you hold a:
- Temporary Protection visa (subclass 785) – and you first arrived in Australia before 14 February 2023
- Safe Haven Enterprise visa (subclass 790) – and you first arrived in Australia before 14 February 2023
Members of the same ‘family unit’ of the visa holders may also apply.
Applicants who submitted their TPV or SHEV application prior to February 14, 2023 (including subsequent TPV or SHEV application) will automatically replace the existing application to RoS visa application form.
If you are a bridging visa holder and have submitted a valid application for a TPV or SHEV before February 14, 2023 and it is determined to meet the requirements to be granted a TPV or SHEV, the application form will be changed to the Resolution of Status Visa Application Form.
For further information and advice on the RoS changes, or for support with your application, please call our Registered Migration Agents on 1800 567 663 or email email@example.com.
#regionalmigration #registeredmigrationagents #permanentresident #visapathways
Leave a Comment