The full 2020-21 Victorian skilled visa nomination program (subclass 190 and 491) will open on Tuesday 5 January, 2021.
Like the interim program, the full program responds to challenges posed by the coronavirus pandemic, with a focus on Victoria’s health response and economic recovery.
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa allows points-tested skilled workers and their families to live, study and work in designated regional areas for a period of 5 years.
The subclass 491 is a provisional points-tested visa to assist regional Australia to access the people and skills it needs to grow and thrive. This visa is for people who wish to settle in regional Australia who have skills that are in high demand in Australia’s labour market.
To be eligible for a subclass 491 nomination for Victoria, you must:
• Be under 45 years of age
• Have a competent level of English (or equivalent)
• You must have lived and worked in regional Victoria for at least the past three months
• Your occupation must be on one of the Department of Home Affairs’ eligible lists for nomination applications: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list
• You must have a positive skills assessment for your occupation
• You must have a genuine intention to live, work and study in a designated area in Victoria.
The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residency skilled migration visa aimed at professionals already living and working in Victoria with skills that support Victoria’s health response and economic recovery.
To be eligible for a subclass 190 nomination for Victoria, you must:
- Be under age 45 years of age
- Have a competent level of English (or equivalent)
- You must have lived and worked in Victoria for at least the past six months
- You must be currently employed in Victoria and working in a highly skilled occupation in health or medical research which supports Victoria’s economic recovery or health response for at least the past 6 months. Applicants with a track record of commericalising innovative ideas and bringing them to market will also be highly regarded.
- If you are a nurse, please note we will only be nominating applicants in the following nursing occupations:
- Midwife – 254111
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) -254412
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) – 254415
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) – 254422
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) – 254423
- Your occupation must also be on one of the Department of Home Affairs’ eligible lists for nomination applications: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list
Regional Migration Australia can help with preparing your Expression of Interest on SkillSelect, applying for State Nomination and preparing your visa application. For those who have not yet arranged their skills assessments, we can also attend to this with priority.
This opportunity is too good to miss! Contact us today to discuss your state nominated migration strategy.