As the government works to cut down on processing times, backpacker visas are now being issued in less than a day!
The Working Holiday Visa allows people 18 to 30 years old (or 35 years old for some countries) to have an extended holiday in Australia whilst working here to help fund their trip.
As the federal government claims to have reduced the existing visa backlog, backpackers outside of Australia can anticipate that their visa applications will be processed in less than a day!
- From 19 January 2022 to 30 June 2023, Working Holidays Makers (WHMs) working in any sector anywhere in Australia may continue to work for the same employer or organisation for up to 12 months without requesting permission.
- 120,000 applications were approved for offshore backpackers in time for Christmas.
- Since June 2022, 400 additional employees have been employed to process close to a million visa applications, reducing the backlog to 600,000 by year’s end.
- With only a three-day wait, teachers and healthcare workers have also had their visa applications expedited.
- Other professions that are being given priority include welfare support staff, childcare centre managers, medical scientists, counsellors, psychologists, social workers, and technicians.
- Four million visas have been processed since Labor took power in May.
For assistance applying for a WH Visa, please give Regional Migration Australia a call on 1800 567 663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
#reginoalmigration #migration #migrationagent #migrationaustralia #workingholiday #WHV
Leave a Comment