Student Visas

Australia’s Overseas Student Program allows international students to undertake full time studies in a registered course offered by an Australian education provider.  A large variety of registered courses are available through government and private education providers at the following levels:

  • English courses – for students studying stand-alone English courses

  • Schools – for students studying at primary and secondary schools

  • Vocational Training – for students studying courses at certificate, diploma or advanced diploma level

  • Higher Education Sector – undergraduate and postgraduate studies by coursework

  • Postgraduate Research Sector – postgraduate studies by research

  • Non-Award Sector – ‘bridging’ courses not leading to an Australian award

Get the right advice | Set your strategy | Make it happen

Contact us to make an enquiry about your visa

Studying and Training Visas

English Language Course (ELICOS) (Subclass 570) visa

For applicants wanting to complete an English Language course in Australia.

Student visa (Subclass 500)

For applicants wanting to participate in an eligible course of study in Australia.

Student Guardian visa (Subclass 590)

For applicants coming to Australia to provide care and support for a student visa holder who is under 18 years of age, or due to exceptional circumstances.

Training visa (Subclass 407)

For applicants who want to complete  workplace-based training (to improve skills for their occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise), or a professional development training program.

When considering student visa applications, the Department of Home Affairs uses combined evidence level outcomes of students education provider and country of citizenship to guide whether the applicant needs to provide evidence of financial and English language ability with their student visa application.

You must have enough money to pay for:

  • your travel
  • 12 months of your course fees (or pro rata fees, if your course is less than 12 months)
  • 12 months of living costs for you and any family members who come with you to Australia (or pro rata fees, if you are staying less than 12 months)
  • school fees for any school-age children who accompany you (or pro rata fees, if the child will be at school for less than 12 months)

For information on requirements for financial capacity refer to Department of Home Affairs: Student Visas

Schedule an online consultation today

Full or Express appointments available